ARCA-SWISS D4 (geared) gp (geared panning), quick set device Classic
The unique aspect of the D4 is that the X and Y axis rotate through the same mid-point reducing the amount of camera movement. Something not possible on a 3D tilt head. With the X and Y axis unlocked, the D4 moves like a ball head. With on axis locked, the head operates like a traditional 3D tilt pan head. Dual pan design offers a pan at the tripod mount and a pan at camera mount.
The geared version introduces super fine gear control that can switched with free movement at any time with a simple lever. Transmission style gearing allows for finger control of heavy long lenses or with DSLR’s as well as technical and view cameras. Ideal for medium format systems.
• 3D tilt head with manual or geared movements
• Self-locking gear mechanism
• Dual spirit levels
• Geared transmission style system for easy control for heavy equipment
• For Classic, MonoballFix and Monorail plates, with or without Geared Pan
• Size:84mm x 90mm x 125mm
• Weight: 970 grams – weight varies slightly with Geared Pan and top plate options
• Payload: 30 kg, 66 lbs
• Maximum camera angle from centre mount – 115 degrees
• Dual Panorama – at tripod connection and at camera connection
Classic plates are the original full-sized plate system released in 1960. The Classic plate has become an industry standard. The mount also includes the “MonoballFix” mount for the newest smaller dove tail plate with the safety pin secure camera system. Simple screw lock knob securely locks plates
NEW – Geared panning with is combined with free panning in a single tool. Pan lever set to the left provides free panning. Pan leve set to the way right, engages geared panning. Quickly set the pan point with free panning then engage the geared pan for precision adjustment.