Kaiser Wolfenbuttel Book Reflector 45N for reproduction of books and documents in critical/damageable condition - especially for books that can not be opened more than 45 degrees.
|Availability:||Out of stock|
|Delivery time:||contact us for delivery time|
Kaiser Wolfenbuttel Book Reflector 45N
This special device is for digital reproduction of damageable historic books and documents in critical condition - especially for books that can not be opened for more than 45°. All movements are done manually for maximum protection of the book.
The opened book is placed in a V-shaped book cradle, a V-shaped wedge with a glass plate on one side and a mirror on the opposite side is moved manually into the opened book and locked into position. The two side rests, that are opened at an angle of a bit more than 45° are now manually moved to the book cover at exactly 45°. The glass plate of the wedge flattens the page that has to be reproduced. The mirror image is now digitally photographed or scanned.
• horizontally movable table for precise positioning
• padded book spine rest with foam filling and teflon-coated fabric cover
• padded book cover rests are individually horizontally movable via gear rack with hand drive for alignment to the thickness of the book
• adjustment of the inclination of the side rests via hand-operated swivel mechanism
• vertically movable mirror wedge with counter balance mounting and hand-operated brake via bowden wire
• separate camera stand with H-foot and vertical column
• height adjustable feet
• camera carrier with 22.5 inclination and 40cm (15") travelling distance for frame adjustment
• holding arm for camera with gear rack and hand crank
- Basic table: 88x75x78cm (24x29x30")
- Max. book/page dimensions: 45x45cm (17.5"x17.5")
- Max. thickness of book: 20cm (7.9")
- Covered area close to fold: approx. 4mm
- Total height of book reflector: 2.07m (7 ft)
- Total height of camera stand: 2.0m (6.5 ft)
- Required floor space for book reflector and camera stand: max 150x120cm (5x4 ft)
Contact us to order: 416-628-8044 or [email protected]
The Wolfenbüttel Book Reflector is a public private partnership development of Kaiser Fototechnik, Image Engineering Cologne and the Herzog-August Library of Wolfenbüttel, Germany.